Steem Dollars (CRYPTO:SBD) Trading Down 12.5% Over Last Week
Steem Dollars (CURRENCY:SBD) traded 7.1% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 5:00 AM Eastern on February 19th. One Steem Dollars coin can now be bought for approximately $2.88 or 0.00032169 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Poloniex, HitBTC, Tidex and OpenLedger DEX. Over the last seven days, Steem Dollars has traded 12.5% lower against the U.S. dollar. Steem Dollars has a market cap of $30.52 million and approximately $9.17 million worth of Steem Dollars was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9,060.00 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1,058.12 or 0.11696000 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 3.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.62 or 0.00028964 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 3.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.56 or 0.00039349 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $83.50 or 0.00923026 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded up 4.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Peercoin (PPC) traded 8.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.12 or 0.00023429 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 4.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $16.44 or 0.00181712 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 8.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.86 or 0.00020814 BTC.
Steem Dollars Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Steem Backed Dollars or simply Steem Dollars are stable value pegged assets issued in the Steem.it platform. SBD are pegged to the value of the USD and can be redeemed on the Steem.it platform for about one dollar worth of Steem. When Content creators receive rewards on the Steem.it platform they are made available in 50% Steem Power, which can be redeemed continuously over a period of 104 weeks, and 50% SBD which can be fully redeemed for Steem in a 5 day period. SBD can also be transfered on the Steem Platform and can be exchanged outside of the Platform. “
Buying and Selling Steem Dollars
Steem Dollars can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: OpenLedger DEX, Bittrex, Tidex, Poloniex and HitBTC. It is not currently possible to buy Steem Dollars directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Steem Dollars must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Steem Dollars using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Steem Dollars Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Steem Dollars and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.