Bitcoin Price Down 15.8% This Week (CRYPTO:BTC)
Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded 4% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 10:00 AM E.T. on February 19th. One Bitcoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $8,767.81 on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Exmo, BitBay, BTCTurk and BtcTrade.im. Bitcoin has a total market capitalization of $148.34 billion and approximately $5.61 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, Bitcoin has traded 15.8% lower against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,008.70 or 0.11602600 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 6.9% against the dollar and now trades at $2.51 or 0.00028888 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $15.80 or 0.00181709 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 10.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.77 or 0.00020327 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $146.90 or 0.01689710 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 3.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.86 or 0.00021434 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded down 12.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002504 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded down 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00004353 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 3.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00001985 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded 7.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.96 or 0.00011100 BTC.
Bitcoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Buying and Selling Bitcoin
Bitcoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BitBay, Foxbit, Cryptopia, Mr. Exchange, Allcoin, Huobi, YoBit, Bitstamp, BTCTurk, BTC Markets, BL3P, Kucoin, Bitcoin Indonesia, BTCC, Quoine, Bitonic, Coinroom, CoinEgg, Negocie Coins, Coinsquare, bitFlyer, itBit, BitGrail, Liqui, Lbank, Gate.io, LakeBTC, CoolCoin, HitBTC, CEX.IO, Bleutrade, Exmo, WEX, Binance, Gemini, BX Thailand, Bitfinex, Coinrail, BtcTrade.im, Kraken, QuadrigaCX, Livecoin, Independent Reserve, Luno, BitMEX, Coinnest, xBTCe, Coinfloor, Bithumb, Fisco, Coinone, RightBTC, Korbit, Bittrex, BTCBOX, Bitso, Bibox, EXX, CoinExchange, GetBTC, Poloniex, Tidex, Bit-Z, Gatecoin, Paribu, ZB.COM, ACX, Bitbank, OKEx, CoinsBank, GDAX, Upbit and Zaif. Investors seeking to trade Bitcoin using US dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase.
Receive News & Ratings for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Bitcoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.